What NOT To Do Two Weeks Before You Move
Posted April 17, 2012on:
This past weekend was supposed to be the epitome of productivity at Hamsaps House. We were going to clean! We were going to organize! We were going to pack! We are moving in 10 days, after all. This upcoming weekend is super busy, so we knew this was our last weekend to really focus on cleaning and packing up our current apartment.
Alas, a long week at work paired with the fear of busyness soon to come left us crippled Friday-Sunday. This past weekend really was my ideal weekend, except I didn’t accomplish a single thing I was supposed to accomplish.
Instead of rewarding my procrastination with a blog post about my fabulous weekend I’m going to present you with a list and a stern warning. Below are all the things you should NOT do two weeks before you move.
1. Do not come home from work on Friday and immediately take a nap. Even if it’s the first time you’ve laid next to your husband all that week. Even if you barely slept the night before because you were worrying about work/moving/if Luna is getting enough nutrients in her diet. Even if the dark clouds cast the perfect afternoon-nap shadows outside your apartment window. Whatever you do, do not come home from work on Friday and immediately take a nap.
2. Do not start a fabulous book on Friday night and stay up until 1 a.m. reading the first 200 pages. Luna will be annoyed by your reading light, anyways.
3. Do not workout Saturday morning for the third day in a row, partly because you’re on a health kick but mostly so you can read the latest People magazine.
4. Do attend your friend’s fabulous bridal shower– but do not commit to doing your sister’s makeup after you’ve had 3 glasses of wine. Yes, the makeup will turn out fabulous, but you’ll get sucked into pictures, then eating delicious Old Carolina BBQ, then hanging out with your husband and parents all night.
5. Do not go to bed at 10 p.m. on Saturday night. For goodness sake, all you did was eat and drink all day!
6. Do not sleep in until 11 a.m. on Sunday. Do go grocery shopping when you wake up, but don’t come home and make homemade waffles. Mhmmmm. Waffles.
7. Do not ditch packing to go to the dog park. Even if the sun is shining, even if it’s 80 degrees outside and even if your Boston-Terrier/Shih Tzu begs you, do not go to the dog park.
8. Do not come home from the dog park and make a huge batch of soup. There are boxes to pack and closets to sort through!
9. Do not decide you need to make dessert, and whip up the most delicious chocolate chip bread pudding you’ve ever tasted. (For those of your salivating along at home I’m going to make the bread pudding this weekend for the Bend and Snap Dessert Party!)
10. Do not ignore the dishes and the dirty kitchen and the packing to lay on the couch and watch Tangled.
SO there you have it. Everything you should NOT do two weeks before you move. These items may be the components of a fabulous weekend, but they will do nothing for your productivity and sense of accomplishment.